Pages

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Veiled threats!

I can't say I have ever particularly liked Jack Straw. Mainly because he said once that Christians and Moslems can work together. On that I feel he is wrong.

However, his comments on the wearing of hijab veil or burqa are right on the mark. Short of insulting Moslem women it is he who was insulted when a woman in a veil said "It's nice to meet you face to face". It might have been for her but he could not see her face. The constant bleating that 'it is our culture' does not hold water. It is our country and it is not our culture. There is no where in the Qur'an that says women should cover up.

I have lived in the Middle East for most of the last 6 years and although it is not normal for westerners to come into much contact with Arab women it does happen. At the doctors or dentist etc it is the norm for the receptionist to be an Arab lady. Now most people would have no problem understanding the clipped English that these women use, but if you are hard of hearing as I am it is a problem. I need to see and hear what someone is saying. If I can't see the lips then half of my communication reception has gone and understanding is limited.

There is an easy answer to this, I could just ask for a westerner to speak to which would be OK in the Middle East, but not here. Such a request would be met with officious asshoes telling me I am being racist, which is not the case. Far from it, in fact were I a racist I don't think I would have spent so much time living and working in other countries.

I have said before I don't give a shit about the colour of a man's skin, what I care about is his nature, is he a nice guy? Does he mean me any harm? It is sad today that the latter is probably the most important thing when meeting someone new. It cannot be argued that the majority of people who want to hurt me are of Arab/Pakistani appearance. That is not racist, it's a fact of life.

The so called peaceful religion is no more peaceful than water isn't wet. Argue though they may Islam is a problem. It is the express intent of Islam to make the whole world an Islamic State. There will be no elections, it will come to pass. Islam already decides what I can do and say in my own country. Just writing this is a no-no and could have me following in the footsteps of Salmon Rushdie. All I am doing here is voicing my opinion, it is my right, yet there are those that would snuff out my life in an instant for doing so.

In Islamic teaching everyone is a Moslem, it's just that some of us have yet to realise it. This is born out by the fact that a religion that only came into existence 1427 years ago claim that Adam (of Adam & Eve fame [probably 10,000 years ago]) was the first Moslem.

I am not a particularly religious person (I lapsed some years ago), but I resent these new boys on the block stealing a history that was not theirs to steal. We are continuously being told that we must respect other peoples religion but where is it in the rule book that we must respect a thief.

We are often told that we are a multi-cultural country. I would ask when did that happen? When did we cast a vote for this?

This is our country, we have our laws, and we have our customs. As such our laws and customs MUST take precedence over the laws and customs of visitors to this country. Unless this is so there will be bloodshed on the streets of England. It will be a sad day when it happens, but I feel sure it will.

When a senior politician voices an opinion we should listen because like it or not he may be right. Failure to do so will result in every woman wearing a veil and every English man bowing down to pray to some force of evil the like of which most of us cannot imagine.

Call me a scare monger if you like, it's your choice, but be sure when this comes to pass you acknowledge that you read it here first.

No comments: